Travelling with a group of people can be a great idea. It can also be a terrible idea, depending on what you want to get out of a trip. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider:
- Company. Some people would get bored and lonely if they are not travelling within a group of people.
- Safety in numbers. The world is generally quite a safe place if you are careful, but being with others does give a level of reassurance.
- Organisation. If you go with a tour group, they will organise everything for you.
- Lack of freedom. Planning the trip yourself might be one of the things you enjoy the most. If this is the case, a group may feel too restrictive.
- Price. Group travel costs more. If you want to travel with others on a budget, get together a group of friends.
- No independence. Testing yourself and going outside of your comfort zone can be the best things about solo travel.